For example: Take the case of a man killing another man in society. People call it murder and probably place it as something that is supposed to invoke the most guilt.
- What if we study the neurobiology of the person who murders?
- What would you do if you have to choose between killing yourself and another human?
- What is you are brainwashed from childhood in a way that your goal is to kill people from the neighboring nation and that is the greatest thing you can ever do?
- We kill all kinds of insects, is that not murder? Just because society doesn’t consider it wrong?
- Hunting is legal for people who have license and its a crime for those who do not. Isn’t that killing too?
- If a man kills someone, he is executed by society, isn’t that a counter murder?
- When war is launched against some country the military is authorized to kill the soldiers from another nation, isn’t that killing?
The more I analyze it, the more I feel, morality is just a construct of society. Society has a law system to get rid of outliers who do not fit into the system and challenge its values such as security. Society I guess was primarily created for humans to live together in harmony. But while defining your own morality and to gain deep understanding, this is something you need to aware of.